Insurance for visa applicants
Health Insurance for Foreigners is a product for foreigners who are not citizens of Schengen countries and are not able to take advantage of public health insurance. It covers the payment or refund of medical costs in case of sudden illness or accident, both in Poland and elsewhere in the Schengen Area.
This insurance is designed for foreigners who are planning a stay in Poland, specifically
■ those planning to stay for a maximum of 3 months and applying for a short-term visa,
■ those planning to stay for between 3 and 36 months and applying for a long-term visa, temporary stay permit or residence permit.
Types of visit
The insurance covers the following types of visit:
journey or visit for educational purposes,
touristic visit for holiday or for amateur sporting activity,
visit for work or business.
Scope of cover
The insurance covers the costs of:
1) tests necessary for diagnosis,
2) uprovision of necessary medical assistance,
4) prescribed medicines,
5) dental treatment in case of severe tooth pain,
6) transport to a medical establishment,
7) transport from doctor to medical establishment or between medical establishments,
8) transport from medical establishment to place of stay (if justified by medical causes),
9) transport to the country of permanent residence (repatriation),
10) transport of remains to the country of permanent residence.
Do you need medical assistance? Don’t delay, contact the AXA Assistance Centre, open to our customers 24 hours a day, all year round.
Our staff are fluent in Polish, English and Russian.
+ 48 22 575 98 48
Find out more
Details concerning health insurance for foreigners are contained in the General Terms and Conditions of Insurance, available here
If you have any additional questions, please call our helpline, open from Monday to Friday between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m., on +48 22 529 84 44
You can also send questions by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org